This week I was given a large wake up call. I'm a fan who enjoys watching the Colts and writing about them, and reading about them. However, I can't be Adam Schefter or Phillip B Wilson of the Indy Star for that matter. They have all the insider information, which is incredible, and access that I as a random and casual fan does not have. Due to their incredible insight I'm able to know a lot of things that I otherwise would not know. I also now get about 100% of my NFL news from Twitter. Its incredible how much information one can glean from twitter. Which again brings me to reality because they have that information, and I do not. I get info second or third hand, not first.
That being said I began to rethink how I'm going to handle training camp. Instead of trying to offer you breaking news (which I simply am unable to do) I want to offer up my opinion on a number of issues about the team. I want to write more pieces like "Believe in Brown, Angerer, Bullitt, Blair, and Hughes," I want to be creative like I was with my post called "The Decision," I want to talk about the Colts and what could be! So I'm going to do just that.
During the year you can expect a preview post per game, and a Monday morning recap. During the week you can find practice reports (usually courtesy of Phillip Wilson), and other commentary on the upcoming game.
As for now, I just wanna talk Colts, and what this could look like for us. I want to be creative, and write pieces that cause us to dream a little bit. Look into the future based on information from first hand guys and dream about how good our team could be.
Be on the lookout for posts about positions and my opinions on them.
Tweet