Top Tweeters

I love Twitter.  It quite possibly could be an obsession of mine.  I sit down every evening (or morning) to write a blog post, and I have my browser window pulled up and sized perfectly to allow my tweetdeck single column view to fit on the left side of my computer screen.  I love Twitter.

I am currently in the job market (if you know of any openings, let me know) and I am applying for anything and everything that I can think of.  The other day I was applying for a blogger and I was asked to write an article on Twitter.  While sitting down and taking some time to think through some of the practical things of Twitter, this article led me to fully understand what it is all about. Twitter is a great way to connect, not only with friends that you know in person, but also those who you meet online.  Twitter also has a high percentage of celebrities and athletes who use their services.

There are a large number of Indianapolis Colts who use the Tweeter.  In response to ESPN's NFL Twindex (must read) I thought we, at "Not Just a Colts Blog," would do our own version of a Twindex, but in this case its only for Colts players.

Here we go, the top 4 Twitter users on the Indianapolis Colts.

4. Robert Mathis

Mathis is number four on "Not Just a Colts Blog" Twindex.

Mathis, who is a star player, and not just a Twitter star, actually uses his account on a pretty frequent basis.  It is great to follow Robert Mathis because he holds absolutely nothing back. Though there is some mild, TV-14 rated language on his account, he is all passion, and all passion for the Indianapolis Colts.

One of the things I love about Mathis is that he is a star on the team, and he tweets a lot. There are plenty of stars, or big name guys on the team who have twitter accounts (Dwight Freeney is a guy who comes to mind) however they just don't use them very often.  A lot of guys who tweet often, are less known players.  That is one of the reasons Mathis makes the list here, is because of his position as an All-Pro player, yet active on Twitter.

He is straight up honest about the condition of the lockout and how stupid he believes it to be.  There is no holding back with Robert Mathis.  Some of my favorite tweets of his are:

I just love when the guys are so open about their effort to try to win that ring.  If you are not already following @RobertMathis on Twitter, what are you waiting for?

If you agree with this post, then click the tweet button down below to share it with others on twitter!  Check back in tomorrow for the 3rd most influential Colt on Twitter.  In the mean time, comment on here, do you agree? Disagree? Someone you think I may have snubbed? What is your top 4 list?


Blog Archive