Enemies: Tennessee Titans

My analysis of each team in the Colts division starts today and goes through the end of this week.  I am doing this post because this past weekend I was in "Enemy Territory." Being stuck in another team's city was not as rough as I thought it would be.  That is primarily due to the fact that the Colts fans are much better (IMO) than the Titan's fans.

How will our enemies fare this season?

There are a couple of things that concern me for the Titans (which really means, I'm excited about these things because they'll be bad).

1. Head Coach
Tennessee decided to part ways with the league's former longest tenured head coach, Jeff Fisher.  Honestly this doesn't bother me a bit.  Fisher was, in my opinion, the reason why this Titan team continued to compete year in and year out despite lacking some talent.  The Titans went with Mike Munchak as their head coach moving forward.  Munchak was drafted by the Oilers, and after retirement he was immediately added to that franchise's coaching staff, where he remained until now, when Tennessee  named him their head coach.

2. Quarterback
Tennessee has been a wreck here recently with the talented, yet inconsistent, Vince Young not returning to the team in 2011.  The Titans still have Kerry Collins on their roster, and in all reality Collins will probably be the starter.  However, the Titans did draft Jake Locker out of Washington in the draft this past April to take over the starting job sometime. Rusty Smith is still on the roster.  I truly hope that Locker is the starter, I would love to face a rookie quarterback with a depleted receiving corps twice this season.  Collins actually impresses me with his accuracy and decision making.  He tore apart our secondary last season in the week 17 meeting at the Luke in 2010.

The Titans still have Chris Johnson, one of the league's most talented running backs.  However, him being one of the best in the NFL will give opponents really only one dimension to focus on.  Johnson is capable of great things, I'm just not sure how he can do it with an inconsistent quarterback and a one dimensional offense.

The Titans have a pretty favorable schedule, and could win a mediocre amount of games this season, however they need to get consistent quarterback play.  A team with uncertainty at quarterback means a team is in the midst of rebuilding.  A rebuilding team, typically, is a bad team, and that bodes well for the Indianapolis Colts.

Blog Archive