Top 5: Most Hated pt. 5

There is not secret who this would be.  Everyone was guessing it on day one.  But where is the fun in giving up the answer right away? Either way this week we have looked at some of my (Nick Clason's) most hated NFL Teams.  Partially due to the fact that I respect them, and they are good, but as one suggested, "Why don't you make this Top 5 most respected?" I realized that cannot be the topic due in large part because there are teams I respect a great deal, that I don't hate (Packers for one).

Before jumping into this article, make sure you check out parts 1-4
Part 1. Baltimore Ravens
Part 2. New York Jets
Part 3. Jacksonville Jaguars
Part 4. San Diego Chargers

And the number one most hated team is....

1. New England Patriots


Yeah, I know, if you are a Colts fan, you are right there with me.  They cheat for one.  This is one of the few teams in sports where you can actually say they cheat, like when you were a little kid you would automatically call someone who is good a cheater.  The Patriots actually did. That's low.

The battles between these teams have been epic.  One of my all time favorite games of all time was the 2009 game where the Colts came from 17 down to win on the 4th and 2 play.  Absolutely amazing.  This season we were a Peyton arm hit away from doing it again, only this time it would have been at the Razor.

Bottom line, these teams have been bitter rivals for years, and will be until Brady vs Manning comes to a close.

I absolutely despise the Patriots.  This post season, and all year long, I thought they were incredibly overrated, and once we lost to the Jets, I was absolutely ecstatic to see the Jets manhandle the Patriots in the divisional round of the playoffs.  The Jets, who I hate, if you take a look above, winning was almost as great of a celebration as the Colts winning, simply because it was against New England, and it was in a dominating fashion.

The view of their uniforms make me want to throw up.  I remember one instance where the Colts were undefeated, and I was trying to cheer for New England to win because they were playing another undefeated.  Half way through the game I go, "I can't even bring myself to cheer for them, seeing them fail makes me happy, I can't cheer for the Patriots." Its true, there is no way around it.

I have been built to hate Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and anything else that goes with the Patriots.

What about you? Do you hate the Patriots?


Blog Archive