Colts Schedule Pt. 5

Ok Colts fam, final blog post on the schedule.  I'm sitting here watching this predraft, because my internal clock was screaming 7 PM for start time, or maybe that was the commercials, however I was duped and the marathon commonly referred to as the NFL Draft actually begins at 8.  Which isn't incredibly favorable, that means the Colts at 22 probably won't pick til closer to 10, I was hoping to be in bed by then! Just kidding, but anything is possible.

I figured having a minute or two I'd put up the final installment of the schedule breakdown.

There have been four parts. Make sure you're caught up, its important.

1. Colts Schedule
2. Colts Schedule Pt. 2
3. Colts Schedule Pt. 3
4. Colts Schedule Pt. 4

Week 14
12/11 @  Baltimore Ravens 1:00 PM CBS

Baltimore is a good team this year, as are most teams on our schedule.  The Colts have stole games from Baltimore, as well as their team, since 1984.  In the Peyton Manning era, and ever since I've been a Colts fan, we have never lost to Baltimore.  The Ravens have always been good, but I personally believe that we have this team's number.  This season however, given the circumstances I don't know if we pull this one out.  It's in Baltimore, where the team despises us, after an emotional Sunday night victory in New England, I think the Ravens finally get that win.

Colts lose 28-24
11-2


Week 15
12/18 TENNESSEE TITANS 1:00 PM CBS

According to my second installment of this schedule breakdown, the Titans beat the Colts in their 3rd straight road game. This game is at home, its revenge for the earlier loss, and the fact of the matter is that the Colts don't lose to a team twice in the same year.  Ask Jacksonville and Houston from last season.  The Colts also have a hard time losing at home.  The Colts pull this one out.

Colts win 31-21
12-2


Week 16
12/22 HOUSTON TEXANS 8:20 PM NFL Network

This is one of those crazy Thursday night games.  There is limited time to prepare, however we don't have to travel this time, Houston does.  This is also beautiful placement because our team can get that 10 bye-week that is much needed only one week before the playoffs would start.  We already beat Houston (in my schedule breakdown).  We beat them handily at home.

Colts win 28-17
13-2


Week 17
1/1 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00 PM CBS

After winning 13 games, and having most likely everything locked up, I'm not sure how much the Colts will care about this game.  They love beating Jacksonville, but I can see it being one of those "Let's get to the playoffs" type of games.  One of those it doesn't matter games, though it wouldn't surprise me if we steal it from them.  It just depends all on the starters and if they play.

Colts lose 31-28
13-3


Conclusion


So that's it.  This all is barring if the team stays healthy.  If they do, and things stay the way they should, this team has the ability to do this. Would you have expected different from me?

What are your thoughts?  Too ambitious? Not enough? Let me know.


Blog Archive