Colts Schedule Pt. 3

This is part three on our analysis of the schedule. We are going quarter by quarter (4 games at a time) and I will give my analysis on what I think will happen with the Colts game by game.

If you haven't read the introduction, that will give you some background of what I think about the schedule.
Part two I went through the first four games.

To get you caught up I have the Colts winning the first four games (4-0).

So here we go:

Week 5
10/9 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 1:00 PM CBS

So the Chiefs exploded on the scene last year and took the fourth seed in the AFC (we stole the three seed from them in the last game with a Kerry Collins fumbled snap).  The question will be how good will the Chiefs be after their coming out party last  year?  The Chiefs came into Lucas Oil last season and played the almost completely healthy Colts in week 4. I believe that the Chiefs will take a step back, its just a gut feeling, its just what I'm sensing.  You know having footage from a season earlier will help Peyton Manning.  That being said I think the Luke is too loud, even at a 1:00 start, and the Colts sneak this one out.

Colts win 27-24
5-0


Week 6
10/16 @Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 PM CBS

This is a joke.  The Bengals have no quarterback. They have no defense. And their best player, just changed his name, and wants to get out of the 'Nati.  There is no trap to this game, this is just a good team playing a very bad team. Colts roll.

Colts win 38-14
6-0


Week 7
10/23 @ New Orleans Saints 8:20 PM NBC

This is not a trap game.  This is a HUGE game.  This is a rivalry game.  I'm still a firm believer that if Pierre Garcon doesn't drop that third down pass the Colts roll in Super Bowl XLIV and we win.  This game will be that opportunity.  It's time to show them whose boss.  The Colts, though playing in the SuperDome, I think we get up and play a great game for the prime time audience.  I could totally see us getting [a healthy] Freeney and Mathis unleashed on the Saint's less than stellar O-line.  Again, fully healthy we are a deadly team. The "revenge" factor is too much, Colts come out on top. remaining unbeaten.

Colts win 31-21
7-0


Week 8
10/30 @ Tennessee Titans 1:00 PM CBS

I find this game difficult. It is a tough stretch of road games.  We go to Cincy, back to Indy, to New Orleans, back to Indy, to Tennessee.  After the emotionally high game, in primetime, against the team we were better than in XLIV, I could see the Colts letting this one slip.  Tennessee has a lot of issues, primarily who is going to play quarterback?  Last season Kerry Collins (who will probably be the starter) kind of lit the Colts up in the week 17 game at the Luke.  Tennessee should have won that game.  I think Chris Johnson has a big game.  This game is not on primetime, this game is in someone else's house, and I think we let a close one get away.  I mean, I have to have the Colts lose sometime right? ;)

Colts lose 28-24
7-1

Conclusion
I think there will be a loss in one of these games.  I can't see any of them being losses honestly, however I'm sure it will happen sometime.  The most obvious loss will be to the Saints, but I just can't justify losing to them again, especially after the Super Bowl.  Between the Saints, the Titans, and maybe the Chiefs, one game will end up being a loss, and I think it could be the Titans.

Blog Archive