This is the second installment of our analysis on the Colts schedule. If you haven't yet read my first article it is worth a read, it will give a little bit of background. I predicted the Colts will end up going 13-3 this season.
Here is the first quarter:
Week 1
9/11 @ Houston Texans 1:00 PM CBS
This is a little bit of deja vu for the Colts. We open in Houston last season and got torched. Despite Manning having a career day with 433 yds and 3 TDs, Houston rushed for 257 total yards. Indy came out flat and Houston came out firing on all cylinders. I don't see this happening twice in a row. The Colts got revenge last year on Houston Monday night at the Luke. Due to the beat down we took last season, we won't let it happen again. Our offense is too much for that poor pass defense.
Colts win 31-17
1-0
Week 2
9/18 CLEVELAND BROWNS 1:00 PM CBS
Umm, its Cleveland. Aside from Carolina, this may be the easiest game on the schedule. I think the one scare is Peyton Hillis. He is an absolute tank. I think our run defense will be much improved with Moala, Mookie, and Muir, plus an entirely healthy defense. Offensively the Browns defense cannot match up with us. We run away with this game and Peyton [Manning] has a huge performance.
Colts win 38-14
2-0
Week 3
9/25 PITTSBURGH STEELERS 8:20 PM NBC
This will be a great early season test. To this point the Colts have had their way against a couple poor defenses. Pittsburgh is a legit defense. However they are coming into our house. They can pound the ball on the ground, but again look for the defense to be much more improved. Our offense will end up being too much for this defense (I mean Manning has seen this defense a number of times in his career, he'll be ready). Its a nail biter, but home field and prime time are two huge factors to consider. The 12th man plays a big part in this game.
Colts win 21-17
3-0
Week 4
10/3 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 8:30 PM ESPN
This game scares me the most on this first four games. Sure Pittsburgh will be tough and @ Houston will provide a similar challenge to last season, but this one seems scary to me. Tampa is a good up and upcoming team. I don't know too much about them except last season every time I would look I would see that TB had a W next to their name. Josh Freeman, their quarterback, is an up and coming player, and they have a formidable offense. They simply find a way to win. I think the thing that will help the Colts most in this game is the fact that it is taking place in primetime. The Colts get up for prime times games. If it wasn't prime time I would choose Tampa. Since it is, the Colts get big and flex their muscles on national TV.
Colts win 27-24
4-0
Conclusion
Tomorrow we will deal with the second quarter of the season. I will choose losses, I promise. But I really believe in this team. If healthy (and that's a huge asterisk) this team conceivable could go undefeated. They are that good.
Tweet