Thoughts

Initial thoughts:


-Colts offense scored on 4 of last 5 possessions, (minus the one at the end of the half).  Yet somehow a backup player ends up costing us the game. Fitting way to end.


-Some want to blame Caldwell for poor clock management, and poor coaching.  We are a conservative team, yes.  We are not going to have a Rex Ryan type of decision, but there is a reason that we are the most successful team (by W-L) in a ten year span, ever!  That consistency doesn't come out of making bonehead, careless decisions.


-These down to the wire games, though incredibly frustrating, prove that no matter what, our Quarterback is good enough to keep us in the game.


-Dallas Clark, Austin Collie, Bob Sanders, Melvin Bullitt, Kelvin Hayden, Jerraud Powers, Cody Glenn, Anthony Gonzalez.  Thats the top of my head for Injured Reserve.


-Jamie Silva, Tom Santi, Kevin Thomas. Thats pre-season IR.


-Clint Session, Joseph Addai, Mike Hart, Pierre Garcon, Brody Eldridge, Donald Brown, Ryan Diem, Jacob Lacey, Justin Tryon. All guys who missed time at some point in the season.


-With that injury list, it still just amazes me that we even found our way into the playoffs, and had a chance to win, and seriously should have won.


-All the sudden, when I get really excited about our defense, they disappoint.  They allowed two massive scoring drives in the second half allowing the Jets back into the game.  Mark Sanchez is terrible.


-Our rookie linebackers played out of their mind, until the second half of this game.  All of the sudden, the second leading tackler on the team began to look like a rookie.  I love Pat Angerer, he will be a Colt for a lot of years, but tonight was not his night to shine.


-I think we may cut our losses with Session, and have a LB core of Conner, Angerer, and Brackett.


-I'm excited about next year, but last year I was excited about this year.  I hope this isn't a rotating cycle.


-Nothing could have foretold us what we were in for as Colts fans, but this was such a tough season.  I just hope that we can keep half of the people healthy next season, and make that seemlingly elusive run to the playoffs.


-At the end of the Titans game I thought about how good our defense was, and how well we were running the ball, and I thought there was no team that could beat us.  And the Jets can't beat us, we just ran out of time.  I'll say it, I thought, even after the Patriots game, after the Raiders game, I thought we were going to win the Super Bowl.


-Last season was magical, this season a ton of things did not fall our way.  That's football.  And any team can beat any team on any given week by any amount of points.


-I'm still wicked excited about next year.  With a full compliment of players, there is no telling how far this team can go.


-Gosh, just a tough season, and I'm really not ready to see this thing go, but I have to.  Well done boys, you fought, and fought, and came up just short.  All the fill ins were spectacular, and of course, so was Manning.

Blog Archive