Bobzilla

Bob Sanders contract will most likely be renegotiated.  I was not planning on posting this, but when I ran across this picture, it was absolutely necessary.  Remember back in 2006 when the Colts couldn't stop the run, until the playoffs?  Yeah, that was Bob Sanders.  Remember in 2007 when the Colts had a defense and a player on our defense won defensive player of the year? Yeah, that was Bob Sanders.  Ever wonder why we've kept him around this long? Cuz he's Bob Sanders.  When healthy, he's one of the most dynamic, hard-hitting, and exciting players in the NFL.

The Colts and Sander's agent have both expressed the idea that sides will most likely need to renegotiate Sander's contract.  Sanders signed a $35.7 million dollar deal following the 2007 season.  Since then Sanders has only played in 16 games.  When healthy, he is a difference maker.  Can he control all of his injuries? No.  But I personally would like to take another shot at this thing.


The way our defense is set up, Sanders is expected to make plays.  When he is not in there, we feel a drop.  When Bullitt is in there is a steady, constant force.  When we lose both, like last year, the importance of the safety position comes to the forefront.


Some suggest that we should let him go.  I love this guy.  I want to see him retire a Colts.  I just know how much I would hate seeing a team pick this guy up.  There is a team out in Boston that signs old, washed up guys.  I would hate seeing Sanders wearing their colors.


I'm just saying, lets bring him back.  ONE MORE YEAR! ONE MORE YEAR!


What do you think?

Blog Archive