Seriously?

So I was reading this today and could not believe what I was reading! Far too many people claim the name of Christ, but use their platform incorrectly.

Tucker Carlson, who is clearly not very famous, made a ridiculous statement regarding Mike Vick. Some background on the story is that our president Barak Obama came out and said he approved of the work that Vick had been doing. Read the full story here: sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5967015

But this is how Carlson responded:

"I'm a Christian, I've made mistakes myself, I believe fervently in second chances," Carlson said on the show. "But Michael Vick killed dogs, and he did [it] in a heartless and cruel way. And I think, personally, he should've been executed for that. He wasn't, but the idea that the president of the United States would be getting behind someone who murdered dogs?"

I get annoyed with people who claim the name of Christ, but say things that are far from how Christ requests we act. Vick deserves this chance, and I'm glad has found himself.

I want to apoligze for those "Christians" who are judgmental, hypocritical, and condescending. The body of Christ should be like a team, striving to encourage one another and reach our goal of making disciples.

Blog Archive